The Paper Dog

Sunday

Happy Sunday!

Over the last week or so I have been working on making a fabric journal for myself using some of the vintage linens I've purchased recently. Until I actually create on a page I'm not certain I am in love with the journal but I think it'll work.



It's kind of got that tattered unfinished look that I love.  I'll be sure to post my first entry in the next couple days.  I have many thoughts brewing in my lil' o brain. 

Today I read these words: "art is about pushing the boundaries and making a statement."  I found it off Grove's website.  Not sure if it's Grove's or Donna's Statement but I really love it and it makes me feel happy to read it.

My SheArt2 class is in it's second week with 1 week to go.  Gosh, I have been trying so hard to work on my girl's faces but they just don't quite have the look I'm going for.  Today, I did play with some plaster and made the girl's hair 3-D and also added some glitter.  She's cute but I still would rather no face.  The hair and glitter rock...I just wish you could see it better.  I'm hoping soon I'll actually have a face for you. 



Hope you had a great weekend, enjoyed the weather and found some creative juices along the way.  Enjoy your week!

7 comments:

Louise F NZ said...

I can't wait to see how the vintage album turns out. I love the little girls hair, it looks awesome!!!

Jackie Rockwell said...

Your fabric journal is sooooo pretty! The collaged girl is beautiful, it is so artistic! The texture and color are gorgeous. LOVE it!

Em said...

It's 3D!! and the texture is great!

Jacquel said...

This is beautiful! TFS!!!

Hope G. said...

Very pretty! I used to do a lot of journaling and I'm thinking of making me a journal....thanks for sharing!

Patria said...

Wonderful Michelle!

I really like what you've done; very creative, exciting, yet the feeling of calm and peace is there.

Margaret said...

Your journal is so gorgeous. I love how your using fabrics to create it. Glad to see you using your She Art in it's creation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...