The Paper Dog

Saturday

From the Heart...

I've decided that it's time I seriously start creating from my heart.  To really create things that make me happy and not to be so concerned about "rules".   While I love paper, I also very much love fabric and textures, lines and feeling of it.  I recently inherited my Great Grandmother, Great Grand-Nana and Grandmother's hankerchiefs, doilies and random pieces of fabric.  I decided that my first project was a tattered, gypsy style bag and I wanted to hand-stitch the bag too.  Keep in mind that I'm not what I would call a sewing kind of girl.



I just LOVE it!  I suppose I should have opened it too to show the inside and pockets but you can use your imagination.  <wink>  The idea that my Grandmothers created these linens with their hands and I was able to put my own personal touches on it, really makes it special for me.  So, in the coming days, you will see me create with my heart and fill my creative soul with what really matters most!
Enjoy your weekend and thanks for looking.

6 comments:

Em said...

Beautiful hand-stitched bag!

Helene said...

Oh but this is gorgeous and a great idea too. I love shabby chic, and I think using old laces etc for making something useful is totally romantic :-)
Thank you for sharing!

Jacquel said...

This is truly beautiful Michelle! I love it & I think you did a great job...TFS!!!

Margaret said...

Absolutely gorgeous Michelle. How special that you were able to create something from those beautiful fabrics/doilies.

Elly said...

Creating from the heart is mostly the best. Here you made a really special and in my eyes stunning, vintage, gypsie looking bag. What an honor to use it...fabulous(:o)
Elly

Flighty Artist said...

This is so beautiful and magical. You've inspired me so much with this.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...